Hello Members! We are all feeling pretty hip, here, at the old AAC! We have a Facebook page and now a blog. Who would of thought it? That is one of the things I love about our club, half our members are telling us all the latest trends in technology and the other half haven't even activated the texting option on their cell phones. :) We are an eclectic group and that is one of the things that make us so special.
Well, now that you have all gotten over the shock of our technology achievements, lets see what is going on at the club. First off, Zumba Class (M/W 10:15-11:15) was packed again. Our instructor Sara has really developed a following. So much so, I think I saw a shoving match over spots before class. Just kidding! But seriously all of you who have wanted to check it out but were afraid, it is time to swallow your fears and try. What is their to be afraid of? Failing? You can fail a math test, you can fail your driving test, but you can not fail Zumba!! Give it a try, but get here early or someone will take your spot!!! ;)
Secondly, I would like to give a big "hooraah" to all of our members and staff who participated in Walk For the Cause on Saturday. What a great show of support and sisterhood in Albany. Who knew fitness could be so fulfilling, encouraging, and uplifting at the same time. Well I knew of course (ha,ha), but what a great reminder of what is important in our lives! Way to go Albany and Albany Athletic Club members!
Lastly, I wanted to remind our members to take a look at your fitness routine. We have had some members since 1979. No, that is not a typo...seriously 31 years---you guys really rock! But you don't want your fitness routine to be the same age as your membership, so whether you have been her for 2 months or 30 years, it may be time for an update. Summer is over and some of you have taken some time off (yes, we noticed you have been absent!) and are starting to head back in, which makes it a great time to get a fresh routine. And those of you who have made it here nearly everyday all Summer, we noticed you too (thank you!). You might need a new program too. Our muscles are like our minds, do the same thing too long and it gets boring and isn't a challenge anymore. Our bodies can't improve without us putting new challenges out there for them. So, see Joann or call (541-926-2264) and make an appointment for a program update! And, yes, I know what you are asking, they are FREE. I know the best four letter word ever!
Get out there and have a great week and get into the club for some much deserved "Me" time. Check back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment